Office Manager Executive Assistant
Available Position: Office Manager & Executive Assistant
Who we are:
Fusion Farms is a sustainable food production startup located in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico. We will be producing tilapia fish, leafy greens, and microgreens to distribute to grocers, restaurants, and retailers throughout Puerto Rico and eventually elsewhere. Fusion Farms is setting the standard for the way Puerto Rico produces food in the future in hurricane-protected CEA facilities. Our aim is nothing less than to inspire a generation of better farming, and a cleaner, safer way of eating.
What you will be doing:
As Office Manager and Executive Assistant of Fusion Farms, you will be the beating heart of our pilot facility in Mayagüez and the individual through which all aspects of our business are facilitated. As such, you can expect to fulfill the following duties:
- Enhance the executive team’s effectiveness by providing information management support
- Manage the calendar and travel schedule for the company leadership
- Compose correspondence for draft and review, as well as scan, copy, and archive documents
- Be owner of the record for all master documents
- Organizing and filing, as well as order supplies
- Special event planning, solicitation, and production of company events
- Calendaring company events and organizing invite lists
- Research conventions, trade associations, and public speaking opportunities
- Maintain company’s organization chart and develop a contact list for industry publications
- Write press releases on PRNewswire and others
- Coordinate meetings and events and ensure presenters are well prepared for these meetings
- Maintain due diligence binders, manage banking relationships, and develop new ones
- Post job opportunities, update contact roster, do initial phone screens, and interviews
- Liaise with our corporate attorney
- Be the point of contact for all company relationships
- Write minutes during meetings
Other responsibilities may include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting, and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; training and supervising other support staff; and customer relations.
What we offer:
Fusion Farms offers a work environment that promotes new ideas and an entrepreneurial mindset. We want our employees to feel empowered and to contribute to the success of our organization by continuously bringing new ideas, strategies, and knowledge to our team. We offer competitive compensation, paid time off, and an excellent opportunity to grow in your career.
The starting salary for our position as Office Manager & Executive Assistant is $35,000 to $48,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or similar
- Experience with fast-paced high growth companies
- 10 years’ relevant work experience in real estate development, construction, or brokerage company
- Strong project management skills to coordinate with diverse teams and meet project deadlines
- An outstanding command of the English language and impeccable writing and editing skills
- Strong computer and Internet research skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Reporting skills, supply management, scheduling, organization, time management, presentation, equipment maintenance, travel logistics, and verbal communication
- Experience in managing teams, both freelance and in-office employees
- The ability to think like our audience: intuitively understanding what they need to know and how they want to consume this information
- Be a strong team player
- Willingness to accept change and adapt on the fly
- Detail and result-oriented and strong follow-through is essential
- Excellent customer service skills are mandatory and passion for serving customers, understanding their needs, and delivering in excess of their expectations
- High-level strategic and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of disciplines
- Strong general business knowledge base
- Marketing, product management, and/or technical background
- Initiative and resourcefulness: the ability to make things happen in creative ways despite a lack of resources
- Strong people/client management skills; strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style
- Ambitious and goal oriented – committed to driving revenue and profit
- Positive and upbeat with a can-do attitude
The fine print:
Fusion Farms does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. Fusion Farms is proud to be a drug-free workplace. Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We’d love to hear from you!
If you like the look of the position and feel that you are a good fit for Fusion Farms, please email your résumé, cover letter, and any positive references you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org.